Saturday, October 9, 2010

WHO IS JESUS FOR YOU

JESUS IS MY TEACHER: -


Teacher as I understand is one, who teaches me the ways of life, enlightens my mind for a better future, and I find in Jesus my best teacher. As a young boy, I came to know about the stories of Jesus and His teaching through my Parents, Catechism Teachers, Nuns and Priests. Whatever I knew through them about Jesus always surprised me, and even today as student of theology, I am dumb spelled at the magnanimity and depth of his teachings because they seem applicable for my daily life and world today.

Jesus was a very good down to earth teacher; who based his teaching on characters of day today life, in simple unthought-of natural concepts. However, they contain enormous implications for human life and conduct. Their practice will surely ensure a world free of division of hatred, color, creed, exploitation and ecological crisis, because Jesus’ teaching has such an in depth and relevant message for us today for a peaceful world and global family. He taught ways to live a better life for oneself and for others not only by words but also by his very actions and life examples, and the greatest proof was his death on the cross. Reading the gospel I realize its message has something new every time I read it, they have layers of meaning. It is 2000 years that thing about him is written yet people discover more to write about him. His teachings are very humane, well based on values that they stand tall in the age of destruction. They have answer/solution for every problem/crisis of today- forgiveness for the division among nation, peace for at war-situations between nations, people and groups, unity for the discords, love for hatred and revenge, charity for poverty and unemployment, Care, acceptance and compassion for the lost, sick and suffering, faith and confidence in God’s providence etc,.



JESUS MY MODEL

He is not like one of the glittering silver screen persons, but in his humility, I find him to imitate. He lived a life of a perfect man, humble setting of example to be imitated, humble like children, obedient to his earthly parents in submission and to heavenly father, care and notice of poor, forgiveness for sinners.



JESUS THE REVOLUTIONARY

He broke the age-old traditions to break open chains of slavery, oppression and injustice, and promoted life in freedom, truth and abundance filled with honor and dignity.



JESUS MY GUIDE AND SHEPHERD

He moves and takes care of my life, he knows the way that suits me and guides and makes me walk in those roads. I walk as he has a destiny for me because I cannot but move and am moving in those roads and paths that I never thought or sought. He shows me the way, as the light bearer and dispeller of darkness.



CONCLUSION

What I learn from Jesus is simplicity, service mindedness, humility, equality, forgiveness, compassion, social justice, solidarity obedience, faith and trust, love of enemy concern for the poor. He also warns me to be away from discrimination, hatred, hypocrisy, hostility, violence, lust, greed, fear, exploitation etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is absolutely the Truth, Beautiful! God bless you!