Saturday, October 9, 2010

BENEFACTOR'S LETTER

Dear Benefactor,


PARENTS WITH SISTER
SCHOOL DAYS
Greetings of the season! I am Lawrence Nolasco Ekka, a seminarian studying for the Diocese of Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. I hail from one of the islands called Baratang, about 100 K.M from the union capital Port Blair. My parents were agriculturist. I lost my father in April 2006 and my youngest sister in November 2005. At present I have my mother to look after our home, with my younger sister. I am the first born of my parents in 20th October 1980. We still work on our land for our livelihood.

The desire to become a Priest of God grew in me long back in 1992; as I was fascinated by the celebration of Holy Eucharist and other activities of Priests in my parish. At home my mother was a prayerful person, who taught and helped us pray every day; and when I expressed my desire to her, she took me to the Parish Priest and Nuns working in our parish. They encouraged me to go ahead. My mother remains my sources of inspiration and support in these days of formation.


THREESOME MY SISTERS

MY AUNT
MY INSPIRATION

I joined the Apostolic School in Port Blair as student of VII standard in 1992, and after completing my school education (1992-98), I joined for the English and Spirituality courses in ST JOHN VIANNEY MINOR SEMINARY, BARASAT, in WEST BENGAL for two year (1999-2001). Later I got admission in ST ALBERT’S COLLEGE, RANCHI (JHARKHAND) for my Philosophy and Bachelor Degree studies (2001-2004). I had two years of Regency experience in three parishes as Prefect for school-going hostel boys, helping Parish activities and the Tsunami relief work among the affected islanders (2004-06). By this time I lost my father and youngest sister; thus, I had a year of break to help my family members, meanwhile I worked as the Community Organizer to help micro-finance schemes run by ACANI- a Social Work initiative of Port Blair Diocese. After much reflection and prayer I joined for my further Theology Studies in 2007, as required for Priesthood, in KHRIST PREMALAYA REGIONAL THEOLOGATE, ASHTA, MP (2007-2011). At present I am a Fourth Year Theology Student, about to finish my studies and other academic requirements by October 2010; whereupon I will receive the order of Deaconate on 29th Oct ‘10. My deaconate ministry will be in my diocese and the Priestly Ordination as of now is tentatively seems viable in May 2011.


MY PARENTS AND SISTERS
WITH CARDINAL
ME, 2 SISTERS, MOM, AUNTY
 For these many years of formation I have received the spiritual and material support to do my studies and required formation by generous donors and benefactors like you. I gratefully acknowledge your contributions towards my formation. Thanks a Millions Dear Benefactor for all your love, support and concern shown by your valuable Benefactorship. I pray for you in my daily routines for God’s blessings in your life. May God shower His bountiful graces upon you.

Yours Affectionate Son in Christ,

Lawrence Nolasco Ekka.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Vincent Barla said...

Good note about yourself.When one comes up in life after too much struggle, depending upon the blessing of God, one feels not only satisfied but he get fullness of life. May God fill your life and ministry with many graces.